Hi, I'm Vix, nice to meet 'cha!
So you don't like having your picture taken? Guess what, neither do it. But photographs are so important to remember memories & treasure loved ones. I am a keen advocate for empowering people. I want you to enjoy your experience with me, to have fun, make memories as I capture them.
As a child I spent a lot of time raiding my mum and nan's boxes of photographs. Going through them, reliving times that had passed. Speaking about family members who are no longer here and keeping their memory alive. Your wedding day is potentially the last time you'll capture a family member professionally and candidly. There will potentially be a photograph taken on your special day that will mean more to you than anything else in the world and this is why I love to capture your guests and you as authentically as possible.
Okay, wanna know my background? Well, In 2012, I graduated from Staffordshire University with a Bachelors of Arts degree in Fine Art focusing all my artistry on portrait photography. I established and launched my business with the Princes Trust June 2020 (&& I am now an ambassador for them, which means I get to help young people boss their own businesses just like mine). Oh and if being a full time photographer and all round queen isn't enough. I am currently studying for Masters in Photography at Falmouth University (it's distanced learning too which is handy when running a biz).
Yeah, I'm addicted to my work, which really does show in my galleries.
- I was given my first camera for Christmas when I was 8, it was a polaroid and I loved it so much.
- I have 3 tattoo's & 3 piercings.
- I'm married to an awesome dude, called Dean & have a woke ass daughter, called Freyfrey.
- I LOVE TO TRAVEL - I'll literally go anywhere for a destination wedding.
MY FAVE THINGS;
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, I have one called Pippa.
- Chips (not the American kind, the British kind)
- Mockumentary's & inappropriate humour (The Office, Peep Show, Parks & Rec, Schitt's Creek, Bob's Burgers, you get it)
- THE COLOUR PINK!
- Karaoke, I am known on the scene as Vixney Houston.
- We have a tent box & loveeeee to wild camp!